Standing Order No. 185.
(1) There shall be a select committee to be designated the County Public Accounts and Investments Committee.
(2) The County Public Investments and Accounts Committee shall be responsible for—
(a) the examination of the accounts showing the appropriations of the sum voted by the County Assembly to meet the public expenditure and of such other accounts laid before the County Assembly as the Committee may think fit.
(b) the examination of the reports, accounts and workings of the county public investments;
(c) the examination, in the context of the autonomy and efficiency of the county public investments, whether the affairs of the county public investments, are being managed in accordance with sound financial or business principles and prudent commercial practices:
Provided that the Committee shall not examine any of the following, namely:
(i) matters of major County or National Government policy as distinct from business or commercial functions of the public investments;
(ii) matters of day-to-day administration; and
(iii) matters for the consideration of which machinery is established by any special statute under which a particular county public investment is established.
(3) The County Public Accounts and Investments Committee shall consist of a chairperson who shall be a member elected by the Committee from amongst the members of the Committee nominated from the minority Party or coalition of Parties, and not more than four other Members.
(4) The County public Accounts and Investment Committee shall elect a Vice Chairperson from amongst its members.
(5) The County Public Accounts and Investments Committee constituted immediately following the general election shall serve for a period of three calendar years and that constituted thereafter shall serve for the remainder of the Assembly term.
- COUNTY PUBLIC ACCOUNTS AND INVESTMENTS COMMITTEE
Hon. Joseph Musau Hon. Winfred Mutua
- Hon. Joseph Musau – Chairperson
- Hon. Winfred Mutua – Vice Chairperson
- Hon. Agatha Mutunga
- Hon. Alice Nzioka
- Hon. Johana Munyao
- Hon. Josphat Kasyoki
- Hon. Peter Mutiso