Standing Order No. 151. (1) There shall be a select committee, to be designated the House Business Committee, consisting of—
(a) the Speaker who shall be the chairperson;
(b) the Chairperson of Committees;
(c) the Leader of the Majority Party;
(d) the Minority party whip; and
(e) not less than nine and not more than eleven other members, who shall be nominated by Assembly parties and approved by the House at the commencement of every Session, reflecting the relative majorities of the seats held by each of the Assembly parties in the Assembly and taking into consideration the interests of Independents.
(2) The House Business Committee shall be appointed within seven days on assembly of a new House.
(3) In nominating the Members to the House Business Committee, each Assembly party shall include its Whip into the membership.
(4) In the absence of the Speaker, the Chairperson of Committees shall Chair the meetings of the House Business Committee.
(5) The House Business Committee shall—
(a) prepare and , if necessary, from time to time adjust the Assembly Calendar with the approval of the House;
(b) monitor and oversee the implementation of the House Business and programmes.
(c) implement the Standing Orders respecting the scheduling or programming of the business of the Assembly and the functioning of the Committees of the House;
(d) determine the order in which the reports of Committees shall be debated in the House;
(e) may take decisions and issue directives and guidelines to prioritize or postpone any business of the House acting with the concurrence of the Leader of the Majority Party or the Leader of the Minority Party, as the case may be.
(f) consider such matters as may from time to time arise in connection with the business of the House and shall have and perform such powers and functions as are conferred on and ascribed to it by these Standing Orders or from time to time by the House.
(6) The Chairperson and at least one third of the other members of the House Business Committee shall form a quorum.
(7) If, for any reason, a member of the House Business Committee is unable to attend, the Leader in the House of the party which nominated that Member may appoint another Member in that Member‟s place for the period for which the Member is unable to attend.
- HOUSE BUSINESS COMMITTEE
Hon. Florence Mwangangi Hon. Paul Museku
- Hon. Florence Mwangangi Speaker
- Hon. Paul Museku Chairperson of Committees
- Hon. Francis Ngunga Majority Leader
- Hon. Alex Kamitu Minority Leader
- Hon. Tariq Mulatya Majority Whip
- Hon. Jacqueline Nziva Minority Whip
- Hon. Justus Kiteng’u
- Hon. Betty Nzioki
- Hon. Angela Munyasya
- Hon. Francis Kalumu
- Hon. Peter Mutiso
- Hon. George King’ori
- Hon. Annastacia Mutuku
- Hon. Joshua Muli
- Hon. Judas Ndawa